Wednesday, October 21, 2020

News From Republican Strategist: Start Over With The Republican Party

 

 Photo:  The Economist



When I returned home from serving in the United States Air Force, I would say that my party affiliation mostly resembled that of the Republican Party Platform.  Small government, corporate tax breaks (which yield more jobs), and increased military spending.  Since then, over the past 20 years, my views have shifted somewhat considerably.  Why?  I am not exactly sure.  Something inside of me does not resonate well with the direction of the Republican Party.  



Over the past decade, I have transitioned to resemble more of a Democrat than a Republican.  It is not my choice to tell a person whether they can or cannot terminate their unborn child's pregnancy.  Further, spending on the military at the expense of other programs that benefit farmers' welfare is not my cup of tea.  Yes, spending on the military should always have an upward trajectory.



But not at the expense of the welfare of the American people!


Enough about me and my views.  The greater question looming over this election along with the last 3 and a half years is:



Where is the Republican Party gone?  



An interview (a video) from CNN news anchor Jake Tapper and Republican Strategist Stuart Stevens is provided with thoughts on that exact question.  As a strategist for Republican Senators and Past Presidential Candidates, Stuart Stevens provides great insight into the trajectory of the current Republican Party:






Wow!  


The video above is an addition into the blog posts with videos that I have been providing lately.  For those readers wondering why I chose to show videos instead of writing commentary (i.e. opinion) or carry on with scientific issues -- is because the current election is extremely important.



In light of that, videos are posted below via blog post that are relevant to the issues confronting voters in the upcoming election -- just over two weeks away!!!




Related Blog Posts:










No comments:

Post a Comment