Monday, February 22, 2021

Regulations are protections for Americans?

 


Photo: Financial Times



Wall Street loves deregulation.  Why?  Deregulations equate to more money in the corporate pocket which gets handed over to shareholders.  And shareholders love money.  I know because I like when the investments in my portfolio go up in value.  Although, if that increase in value was tied to the downfall of a person, then I would exit my position immediately.  Not all shareholders care.  Most are greedy.  Which leaves the consumer at risk.



Look no further than Texas.  The State of Texas is known popularly by the statement "Don't Mess With Texas."  Well, Texans are suffering to a large extent because of the deregulation.  In an interview with MSNBC news anchor Stephanie Rhule, news anchor Mika Brzezinski looks deeper into the damaging aspects of deregulation:



I first found out about the soaring energy prices from a New York Times article which can be found here.  My jaw dropped when I read that a customer's electricity bill can increase from $70 to $16,000 in a single month.  What is wrong with these companies?  People are dying.  One wonders why corporations can stand by and gouge customers to the point of death?  Stay tuned as more is revealed regarding this tragedy.




No comments:

Post a Comment